Yes, you read that right… a DIY dog bed anybody can make!
Looking for a fun project to do if rainy days and Sundays always get you down? Made a dog bed this weekend and Luigi loved it. Took me about an hour with a glass of wine. You? probably a little quicker. So here we go, an easy to make DIY dog bed… yes with no sewing involved!
You will need:
1) Pair of scissors
2) 2 squares of t-shirt or polar fleece fabric ( depending on how big you want your dog bed to be, I used 1 m x 1 m square of fabric).
3) A few needles to pin the fabric together
4) 1 elastic
5) Stuffing or clothes you no longer wear
6) Dressmaking pencil to trace the fabric.
1) Fold both squares of fabric in 4. Pin the fabric so that it stays in place.
2) Take one of the folded square fabric and using your pencil trace a rounded shape . Like so :
3) Cut the fabric using the guideline you just traced.
4) Take the other folded piece of fabric and place the piece of fabric you just cut exactly on top. Trace the bottom square of fabric in a rounded circle and cut.
5) Unfold both squares of fabric. Once flat, place both equally cut circles on top of one another and pin the fabric together.
6) Cut fringes all around the circles (cutting both pieces at the same time) – try to make them all equal … but no drama if they aren’t. Fringes should be approximately 2 cm by 6cm.
7) Unpin the fabric. Take one of the circles – fold it in four to find the middle of the circle. Take your elastic and wrap it around at about 7cm of the centre.
8) Place that circle ( elastic facing up) and put the other circle on top. Start tying both circles together by knotting the fringes together. Leave approximately 10 undone and start stuffing the bed. Here you can use the pillow stuffing and or old clothing you no longer wear.
9) Once stuffed to your liking tie the rest of the fringe and VOILA !
A fabulous and comfortable DIY dog bed made without any sewing!