- I know I am a crazy dog lady when I spend time baking for my dog and yet feed myself cereal, protein shake and snacks to save time! But I just can't resist .... LUIGI simply goes crazy for those homemade dog treats !
You will need:
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup unsalted natural peanut butter
- 1 cup skim milk or chicken broth
- Awesome cookie cutter
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C. Grease a cookie tray .
- Stir everything together .
- When well blended. Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth. Roll out to 1/4 inch thickness and cut into shapes using cookie cutters. Place 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly brown. Remove from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks or leave them in the “turned off oven” – that way they will become harder and dryer .
- It makes loads of cookies ! Unless you have 5 big dogs I suggest you freezing them or simply sharing the love !